Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You Are Beautiful

Theres a song by Jonny Diaz called "More Beautiful You" that I was just listening to and had to share. The chorus goes as follows...

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies, disguises, and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose, that only you can do
So there could never be a more beautiful you.

Sometimes I doubt myself, as everyone one of us does. There are so many distractions to get caught up in, so many "lies" this world is telling everyone, but especially women. That you have to look a certain way, wear a certain size, etc to be beautiful. Recently a friend of mine shared a story with me that reminded me of this. She too, doubted how beautiful she really was and it became a huge distraction in her life. I'm happy to say that things are going much better now, but when I look at her, I just cant see how she could have ever thought she was anything but beautiful. I guess that's just the way the world wants us to feel. That way, you'll buy their product, or whatever it is that it takes to keep the business world alive. The only thing that really matters is that you have a beautiful heart, full of love for others and for God.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. The world wants us to believe that we are less than perfect but in God's eyes we are all perfect.
    You truly have a beautiful heart and are beautiful inside and out!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete