Monday, August 30, 2010

Thoughts of You

Today has been a day of ups and downs from beginning to end. The day began with a wonderful surprise from a good friend of mine, but unfortunately it seems as if it will end on a low note.

Tonight my friends invited me to BCM (baptist campus ministry) on campus. I remembered them all going last semester, but I never really went because I guess the main reason was that I wasn't Baptist. I now know that that is not important for this particular group. Their main goal is Fellowship, Love, and Christ. I had a great time...it was nice to be surrounded by other Christians on campus and to share our experiences, sing songs, have devotionals, and even play games.

It was just amazing to me as I looked around the circle of teenagers worshiping God when there are so many other things to do in a college community. It was refreshing to see no one playing with cell phones or distracted by many other technologies, but yet instead to simply share in the fellowship of fellow Christians. I look forward to going back every week for a similar worship experience.

I left BCM feeling revived and refreshed and almost on top of the world. I should have known it wouldn't take long for the devil to try to bring down these feelings and almost leave me in tears. Thankfully I am reminded of a song that we sang tonight that I'll share with you...

When the darkness closes in,
And I'm on my knees again,

I call your name,
I call your name,
'Cause it is the sweetest name I know,
Jesus.

This part of the song "Call Your Name" is truly what can get anyone through the tough times in their life. I'm hoping it will help me tonight, as well as other nights and that anyone stumbling across this blog will find it useful also. Until next time...God bless!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your night ended on a negative note. Anything I can help with?
    Have I told you lately how proud I am of you? As you referred to what other teenagers could've been doing on a college campus need I remind you of what some other teenagers are blogging about? Yet here is my sweet girl blogging about Christ. I love you so much and am so proud to call you my niece.
    Call me if you need to talk. I love you.

    ReplyDelete