Monday, January 3, 2011

Ninja.

A great conversation that I had tonight when I thought my night had ended well, but then the other conversation when it was slightly shaken has helped remind me just how lucky I am..

I remember the first week of classes at good old WU. I didn't really know anyone yet, except for a small number of the girls on my hall at the time. I was lucky enough to have a class or 2 with some of these girls until one class I was unfortunate to walk across the seemingly large campus alone to my next class. I walk in (decently early, but still..) to a room of 70+ individuals who of course stare the freshman walking in the side door. It was very overwhelming so to avoid further awkwardness I sat down on the front row to a girl I recognized but didn't actually know. (I guess when you actually recognized people from around campus it was a good sign).

I sit down and she introduces herself, as do I and we find out we live across the hall from eachother in our dorm. Relieved, I make conversation for a few minutes before class starts. Afterwards, she and I walk back to the dorm together which involves more conversation. We agree that it would be wise if we studied together and then compare class schedules since our majors were the same. Honestly, for a while I knew we were friends, but I never thought she and I connected the way she seemed to with other girls. I was slightly discouraged, but just to have one friend seemed good to me at the time so we continued our friendship.

After first semester, just as I felt us getting closer she transferred. Surprisingly we still kept in touch via skype and texting and such. The following semester, I myself transfered because I just wasn't happy AT ALL. I never thought that she and I would see each other several times throughout the year and keep up w/ a "turn" schedule of who would make the trip to see who next. No matter the distance, we've managed to keep in touch via texting, skype, telephone, and personal visits. We've always remembered birthdays & even "anniversaries." I don't think she'll know how greatful I am to have her always be there for the "big" stuff that I need her for. <3 you ninja!

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love you partner in crime! You will never know how much you helped me through that first semester at WU or how much I appreciate the fact that we have made our friendship grow through the distance between us. We will see each other soon I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...I'm glad you have Lindsay to talk to. You can't go wrong with someone whose favorite book/movie is The Wizard of Oz!

    I love you, sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete