Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Blessed

I just recently watched a video my pastor posted on facebook of our youth group & how they recently travled out of state to perform at a youth conference to hundreds of youth. After watching the video, I was reminded how blessed I am to belong to a church that is so welcoming & beneficial to every age group, the way I feel it should be. I first began attending with a friend in middle school & have been there ver since. My family are now members as well as several family friends of ours. It's amazing how well the children who go to church here are brought up in the bible, encouraged as youth & grow up to be wonderful testimoies. I personally don't think I could have made it this far in my college years without this church. I look forward every sunday to waking up & traveling with my friends for the church service. It's honestly the best part of my week that I know will never change. I'm blessed to be able to stay in constant communication with my pastor through text messages, email, phone calls, or even personal visits when needed. He recently met with me to discuss a paper I'm writing for a religion calss. I was so stressed about the paper, life in general at this point in the semester when I showed up, but when I left, I just felt so relieved. Just talking through my paper, and also about various life events helped me to calm down and realize everything will be okay. I've never felt so at home as I do in that church.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have your church family, too! I love you, sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete